Dienstag, 7. März 2017

Licensed To Ill

Bildergebnis für beastie boys

It is 30 years ago that Beastie Boys climbed to number one with their first album. Originally a hardcore punk band they demonstrated the genre of hip hop and rap rock on this album. It was a sound I've never heard before. And it was a sound a lot of people could agree with. Suddenly a few opened their ears on a new kind of music and that's one of the reasons why they have they their place in history. Sadly not everyone followed their next recordings that are better in my opinion but less successful. Sadly Adam Yauch passed away too soon.





I don't know on which album this was but I like their version of a late 60's classic.

Beastie Boys - Light my fire

And in addition to the first song something real different by Stiff Little Fingers:


2 Kommentare:

Charity Chic hat gesagt…

Quality stuff today Walter

Anonym hat gesagt…

30 years? Oh I feel very old.