Samstag, 6. Mai 2017

Devil Is Fine

Bildergebnis für zeal and ardor

In mid June there will be for the seventh time an open air festival in Mannheim, Germany. I am there with my youngest brother since a couple of years and we've seen a lot of bands in a few days that I could agree with. Mostly guitar based bands that come from the underground and didn't made it big at all and bands like Mew, Soon and others that are close to get famous. This festival is always inspiring to me with new sounds, great artists and you get a survey about what is new and worth investigating for. This year the highlights for me will be Thurston Moore, Kleez.e, Trentemoeller, Primal Scream and Kate Tempest among others. The latest sign was Zeal and Ardor, a band I've never heard before. It is a project by Swiss born Manuel Gargeux and his music is a crude but fascinating mixture of blues and black metal. If they are live as great as on the video it will be a perfect sound for a later concert in the evening.



Keine Kommentare: